For most people, renting a car is merely done when they are left without use of their own car or pickup truck. They rent a car when they fly or take a train anywhere for business or pleasure. They are forced to rent a vehicle when they have been in an accident, or if their vehicle has service issues. The fact is, there are many other times when renting a vehicle makes sense. So much sense in fact, that the car hire can sometimes conclude spending money on itself. rent a car in cancun airport
5. You take a long trip with the family, and are worried that your 10 year old minivan isn’t up to the task. Nothing can ruin a summer getaway faster than car trouble. Being forced to squander valuable time on discovering a reliable mechanic in outdoor town 500 mls from your own home can be a trying experience. You can forgo that risk by renting a car.
2. Your leased vehicle is approaching its mileage limit, and the lease will not expire for another month. Lease penalties for increased mileage can range from $0. 05 per mile to $0. 20 every mile. Rather than take that 200 mile business trip in your rented car, spend $30 and rent a car; it will basically pay for itself in offset increased mileage.
* You propose on selling your 4 season old car, but not until you return from your gross annual family tenting trip. In this example you need to never only consider the miles you will be forgoing, but also the additional wear and tear from traveling on back roads you will avoid.
* Your boy or daughter just done his first year at school and has accrued a fair amount of “stuff” that won’t fit in the family car. If you do not make the round trip drive, many car hire firms allow 1-way rentals at no additional charge. Make sure you confirm there are no additional charges for 1-way rentals before you e book.
* Your best good friend from high school is flying out with her family of 4 to visit your household of 3 making your practical truck not so practical, at least for the long weekend they will be in town.
* You have a sales call at a company located over 200 miles from your home. You may have the option of driving your SUV that gets 20 mpg highway, or booking a vehicle that gets over 30 miles-per-gallon. With gas prices approaching $3. 00 per gallon it makes sense to rent an auto for the day.
Generally there are numerous other times when driving a rental car makes more sense than driving your car. The key point is to stop considering car renting simply as a previous resort to be applied only when you are on vacation then when your car is in the shop. Removing this mindset will save you profit both the short and long haul.