The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has acted as an advocate of marketplace trust and good business methods for over a 100 years, acting to provide consumers with information on the integrity of businesses around the world. Businesses looking to improve their image with the public and acquire new customers through the BBB’s Accredited Organization Directories can pursue certification and earn the right to utilize internationally acknowledged BBB logos in their advertising. Acquiring accreditation requires the meeting of certain standards and application to a local BBB. brilliant earth
you: Visit the Better Organization Bureau website or contact your local organization to make certain your business meets the BBB Code of Organization Practices/Accreditation Standards. Companies are required to:
– Establish and look after market trust. Businesses seeking accreditation must operate in a service area for over 12 months, meet all licensing and relationship requirements in their local jurisdiction, maintain an effective BBB rating, and avoid government actions demonstrating a failure to comply with BBB ethical standards.
– Maintain honesty and strength in advertising practices. Businesses must comply with all governmental advertising laws current BBB Code of Advertising and marketing.
– Honestly represent companies services. Businesses should make known all important facts to customers without deceit, obfuscation, or omission.
– Maintain transparency. Businesses should not keep pace with hide the nature, ownership, location of a business or plans, procedures, or guarantees which may influence a card holder’s decision to acquire goods or services.
– Honor guarantees. Businesses should stick to all written and verbal negotiating and correct mistakes as fast as possible.
– Respond promptly to disputes. Businesses must make uberrima fides efforts to respond to disputes brought up with the BBB, including acceptance when necessary of BBB mediation.
– Shield customer privacy. Online businesses must disclose security and privacy information on their websites and businesses which acquire sensitive data must comply with industry requirements of protection and fingertips of such information.
– Embody integrity. Businesses must avoid any unethical activity which reflects negatively after the Better Business Bureau and its particular accredited businesses.
2: Once you have made sure your business conforms with the Code of Business Practices, look up the incorporated Better Organization Bureau office for your region and call and make an inquiry. You can also visit your region’s BBB website and submit a contact form to obtain information from a consultant.
3: Submit a full application. Bureau personnel will review and check the application and research your business. You could be asked to provide details or to provide proof of information about your application. The business will then be evaluated on its complying with the BBB Code of Business Practices.
4: In the event the BBB approves your application, you must then pay the Accreditation Payment to receive all the benefits associated with BBB Accreditation. In the event your business is rejected, the BBB will submit you a letter informing you why you were denied and what steps you might take for reconsideration.
Good luck. You have little to dread if you maintain reasonable and honest business techniques and comply with industry standards. The BBB should create marketplace trust by presenting the public with honest businesses and does indeed not otherwise discriminate.